Kim's Blog

Kim's Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Just Between Us



Just Between Us
By: Hayley Oakes
Released March 26th. 2014


An attraction that can’t be denied ….

Ten years spent trying to forget.


Now
Kyle returns to his home town following years away to discover Sophie, the girl he could never have, nursing a broken heart after being dumped by her fiancé.

Then
A decade before Sophie and Kyle hated each other, she thought he was an arrogant playboy and he thought she was a spoilt princess. However one night a drunken kiss changed everything ….


Back then he was the achingly attractive bad boy that, however much she tried, Sophie couldn’t resist. Now as Kyle spends the summer attempting to revive Sophie from her misery, she wonders if the one person she wouldn’t let herself have is the only one who can save her?





Series Goodreads Link
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20877801




Amazon | B&N





My Review 
4.0 Star Review  -  Just Between Us
Hayley Oakes

I recommend this Book.

I was gifted this book and in return I write an honest review.  Just Between Us by Hayley Oakes is a story about I guess you would say Forbidden Love.   So let’s start off in the beginning, Sophie is for the most part your average teenage girl, she isn’t part of the most popular crowd, but not a loner either, Sophie is a well-rounded young woman that pretty much has her head on straight.  She doesn’t realize however how beautiful she is, she seems pretty naïve to how attracted most guys are to her, so we could say she has low self-esteem.  In comes Kyle who seems very confident and has every one just following him around, including girls.  Kyle doesn’t have to make an effort, they just come to him.  Both Sophie and Kyle have parents that are divorced and once they start dating each other, Sophie does her best to just steer clear of Kyle, as they both hate each other, or at least that is what Sophie thinks.  She doesn’t like Kyle due to his arrogance and cocky attitude.  Eventually Sophie and Kyle’s parents are married and end up living in a home where Kyle and Sophie have to share a Bathroom.  Sophie does her best to avoid all contact with Kyle and Kyle just seems to resent everything about his Dad. 
     Until there is a family vacation and things happen between these two and they share a kiss.  Sophie is not able to resist Kyle after that, even though she still thinks she hates him, her body wants him.  Kyle never thought he would feel this way about her and can’t seem to stay from Sophie either.  They embark on a secret attraction and meet each other as often as possible, usually in their shared bathroom which only makes this book more fun to read to me.  It made me wonder what would I think if I was in the same situation.  I mean they are step brother and sister, but it’s not like they grew up together in the same household, so I don’t think this is so terrible.  Sophie however is very concerned about how this looks to people and struggles with her feelings of shame about Kyle, and doesn’t want anyone to know, so they agree to be secret boyfriend and girlfriend.  I don’t want to give away anymore spoilers then I already have, but I will say that I enjoyed this book, I like how the story went back and forth between the past and the present, I liked how the story was told from both POV’s.  What I didn’t like however is how frustrating Sophie was at times, she just couldn’t make up her mind and I was annoyed with how much she hurt Kyle, going back and forth.  I was happy with the ending, but I wish we could have had more time to enjoy their happiness in this story.   I don't want to elaborate too much on my reasons because I hate spoilers, but that is basically the reason why I am only giving this book 4 stars out of 5.  I loved reading this book and I think it was well written and will recommend this book to my friends who want to read a different book.  I look forward to reading more of Hayley Oakes books.  





Hayley Oakes is a wife to a Manchester United fan and a mother to a three year old daughter, both require patience and a sense of humour. She enjoys reading angst ridden romance and writing stories that she would love to read. She loves post apocalyptic movies and anything 80’s. This is her second novel.




https://www.facebook.com/Cockerh

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7202100.Hayley_Oakes


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recommendation

Post a Comment